I am not a big fan of colored liquid liners. I have a very few in my collection and all of them are quite bold/bright and shiny and not meant for everyday wear (except for a few black ones).
When I saw these Avon liners in last month’s brochure I had this gut feeling that this might work well as an everyday liquid liner! So trusting my instincts (Yes, I do it all times esp when it comes to buying makeup :P) I went ahead and ordered the Emerald shade from this collection.
My gut instinct didn't fail me at all J These are among one of the few liners which gives you a very elegant look on eyes! I loved everything about this liner so I ordered the Cobalt shade this month J
So here is my review on the Avon Extra Lasting eyeliner in shades Emerald and Cobalt!
Avon’s new Extra lasting eyeliners comes in 3 different shades,
- Emerald /Hunter Green
- Cobalt – Midnight Blue
|The Emerald shade in brochure is wrong - |
Emerald as the name suggests is actually green :)
Price and Quantity
Rs. 385 or $ 8 for 2.5 ml or 0.085 fl oz
I got them for around Rs. 270 on an introductory offer J
- Wears up to 12 hours
- Has a flexible tip that lines the eyes with precision in an intense color
- Feels light weight, ultra comfortable and natural
- Contains fresh water complex that maintains a fresh appearance throughout the day!
My Review J
Both the shades are not so bright but have a nice healthy sheen to it.
The Emerald (also called as Hunter Green) is a nice dark bottle green shade; you can compare it against the Avon Glimmersticks diamond Emerald Glow except that later is loaded with chunky glitters!
The Cobalt (also called as Midnight Blue) is a dark “not-so-bright” navy blue color and this shade can be compared against L’Oreal HIP Crayon – shade 282 Intricate (Reviewed here) and Faces Eyeliner pencil in shade Navy Blue (Reviewed here)
|Without Flash - Top - Cobalt and Bottom - Emerald|
The felt tip applicator is too good and easy to work with; extremely soft and flexible and again this can be compared to the felt tip applicator of Lakme high definition eyeliner and L’Oreal lineur intense felt tip liquid eyeliner!
|Avon Extra lasting eyeliner Felt tip applicator|
To use – With cap closed tightly, shake well before each use. Apply in a single stroke along upper and/or lower lash lines of lid. Do not apply directly on the inner rim of lash line.
I love the tiny metal ball bearing sound I hear when I shake them well (the one similar to nail polish shakes) it helps in mixing the stuff well. What I learned is if you don’t mix it well the liner comes out little watery and the color payoff is not that good! See this below picture for a better understanding J
- Stays intact for a whole day, oily lids not a problem as it does not smudge! (Mine is oilyL) Word of caution - Just be careful that you don’t cry (I did on the day I had this on my eyes, please don’t ask me whyL) or rub your eyes vigorously (which I do often :P) this would flake off if you do so J
- The friendly felt tip applicator – a big thumbs-up J
- Does not hurt my eyes - I used it along my lower lash line and it was good!
- Water resistant but not waterproof (remember the cry warningJ)
- Can be easily removed using regular wet wipes or makeup removers
- Can be bought only through Avon representatives or friends of Avon representatives or from anyone who knows an Avon representative – seriously is this even a con? Guys come on J this is in fact a plus point don’t you all think? These days every third person I meet is an Avon representative J
- Sturdy and travel friendly packaging – Adds class to your vanity case J
- Too many Ingredients and though they say it has some “Fresh water complex” (I am not sure what it does) I am little scared seeing them all L
- Very limited shades, I want to see more purple grey brown and pink!
- Pricey if not on sale! (I don’t mind spending but this could be a con for those who have a budget)
Glitter & Gorgeous Rating – 4.5/5
So what are you guys waiting for J Go grab one when on offer and don’t forget to share your experience after using it J
Have you used/using/going to use these liners? If so please let me know your thoughts in the comments section below J
Do you know? Liquid eyeliner does not dry immediately so be sure to wait a few extra seconds before blinking or applying mascara or other make up. For a flawless look build upon the thickness by allowing the first pass to set before building the next pass to thicken the line.
Take care and Thanks for reading J